- Searchbar operators on message senders, recipients, status, dates, attachments, tags.
- Exportable statistics and graphs of mail activity.
- Interface to create and manage users and groups.
- Restricted identities for multiple user with different privileges.
- Improved tag selectors for large numbers of tags.
- Custom dialog for handling database error messages.
- Per-identity deduplication and tags migrations in the no_duplicate plugin.
- New init_status plugin.
- Use the improved concurrent insertion of PostgreSQL 9.5 when available.
- Bugfixes on invalid utf-8.
- Port to Qt5.
- Bug fixes with Unicode characters in headers when composing.
- Fix "Fetch more" bug.
- Fix locale bug when retrieving FP numbers from queries.
- Fix bug interpreting certain URLs with percent-encoded chars.
- Desktop notifications available on all platforms.
- Russian translation added.
- Reimplement rfc2047 encoding for consecutive words.
- Add workaround for a DBD::Pg 3.x bug with utf-8 handling.
- Fix utf-8 encoding in HTML MIME parts.
- Fix undesirable CRLF conversion in attachments on MS-Windows.
- Minor parsing improvements in full text indexing.
- On Windows, use native association between attachments and programs.
- Fixes for Qt-4.8 webkit display regressions.
- Desktop notifications for new mail on Linux.
- Incremental usability improvements in UI controls.
- Support for 64 bits mail IDs at the source level
- Support for maildir as the source of incoming mail (possibly gzipped).
- outgoing_plugins are now allowed in the [common] section.
- Updated obsolete dependencies like Digest::SHA1.
- Added import-list option to import an arbitrary list of files.
- Optional partitioning of the words table.
- Performance optimizations for parallel imports.
- Improved text indexing on junk mail.
- Improvements in search: accent-insensitive, word exclusion, better word parser.
- New interface to submit and control server-side import of mailbox files.
- Combine headers and body in the same view for better usability.
- Add email syntax checks in composer.
- Bugfixes: set forwarded status on forwarded messages.
- Help system: use a simple integrated browser instead of the external Qt assistant program.
- Improved accuracy and relevance of text extraction for the full-text
- Add unaccent modes.
- Integrated indexing of html parts.
- Text extractors on attachments replace indexer plugins.
- Add partial and full reindexing capabilities to manitou-mgr.
- Asynchronous mailbox import initiated by the user interface.
- Drag&drop for attached files has been implemented in the composer.
- The filter action editor has been redesigned and new actions have been added.
- Filter expressions can now be evaluated in the interface.
- New dynamic column for recipients in the main list for outgoing messages.
- Migration to the new Qt assistant
- Compatible with Qt-4.7 and Qt-4.8
- New filter functions on age, date, mail size and inequality comparators
- New filter actions set and remove header field.
- New outgoing plugins outgoing_header and attach_uploader_ssh.
- Added --dry-run option to database operations of manitou-mgr.
- Message templates
- Improved full text search with large results
- Fixes for a couple of MIME bugs
- Fixed a bug that prevented filters to assign tags inside hierarchies.
- Added automatic database reconnection.
- When printing a message, headers are no longer on a separate page, they're printed as they appear on screen.
- Enabled clipoard copy in the attached mail view.
- new config parameter log_filter_hits
- Added instant notification of new messages.
- Added dynamic signatures for outgoing messages.
- Bugfixes on message counts in the quick-selection panel.
- Fixed possible crash when the mime_types configuration table was empty.
- New fields on users table.
- Populate the mime_types table at initialization.
- Improved documentation.
Improved and converted from html to docbook format.
- Full-featured HTML composer based on webkit
- Global notepad
- Improved main listview
- multipart/alternative supported for outgoing mail
- More Unix-like standard daemon behavior (fork, pidfile, syslog)
- Automatic reconnect to the database and other improvements in robustness
- Notify for new mail
- New plugin spam_learner that automates calls to sa-learn
- Partial load of large messages.
- GMail-like address completer in the composer.
- Fixed various bugs in the HTML viewer
- Outgoing messages contents now appear in the full-text index.
The user interface now uses webkit as its display engine. HTML contents are now fully displayed with inline images and optional access to external contents.
Filter hits are logged in the database, and displayed per message in the UI.
Filters can now apply to outgoing mail and redirect mails to other
addresses. A few new filtering functions has also been added.
The main mail database tables have been unified so that referential integrity constraints are now enabled.
The user interface is now translated in spanish and german.
The user interface has been fully ported to Qt4 and no longer requires the Qt3support library.
Disk usage is now reduced by sharing identical attachments across the whole
database, both for incoming and outgoing email, based on their SHA1
A new script, manitou-mgr, has been added to run batch actions on the database:
full-text reindexing, and hashing and merging attachments imported with
The user interface now allows easier switch to a temporary identity when
composing a message, and deleting messages has been made faster.
The user interface has been ported to Qt4.
Attachments handling has been improved, along with various minor bugfixes.
A GPL'ed Windows version of the user interface is now available, with precompiled binaries.
Debian packages for Linux are now available.
This release offers a revamped full text search engine, a new online help system using Qt assistant, modularized Perl code for the mail-database exchanger, along with a number of small bugfixes and enhancements.
Also, the user interface now compiles on Solaris and BSD-based systems.
This release adds a dozen bugfixes, a French translation for the user interface, a bayesian auto-classifier plugin, an automated FTP uploader for large attachments (converts attachments into URLs), the ability to run Perl plugins on outgoing mail, and various usability enhancements.